Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day Chocolate Truffles!

I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into these truffles.  I knew from the start that this year I wanted to try and make my own truffles. They are pretty to look at, decedent, and rich.  The perfect gift to give your loves or special somebody. Especially because they are homemade, and anything homemade and from the heart is most important and memorable.

This recipe, it's so easy your laughing.  Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  Double points if you can.  You may have the ingredients at home already so that you can whip up a batch for your loves today, just in time for VALENTINES!

Chocolate Truffles

2 Bags of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

1/2 cup Powdered Sugar in a bowl
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder in bowl
Melted Almond Bark in bowl (half a package)

I wanted to roll mine in Cocoa Powder, Powdered Sugar, and Almond Bark.  I also had sprinkles for the Almond Bark ones.  You could choose one or all, like me.
In a large pot heated with light boiling water, filling only halfish the way.  Place a glass bowl on top to heat your ingredients.  Add your chocolate chips till they start to melt.  Then add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.  Start to slowly mix and let everything melt and mix again till smooth.  After the chocolate is at desired smoothness remove from boiling water, and turn off stove.  Let Truffle mix cool on the counter then place inside fridge for at least 30 minutes so that you can roll out your truffles by hand. 
Use a spoon so scoop or a mini ice cream scoop.  Roll truffles in your palms and then place them on a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper.  Put cookie sheet inside freezer so truffles can firm up and you can dip them and roll them.  If using Almond Bark, I just heated half a package of the white kind in microwave.  Instructions say heat at 90 second intervals till smooth and runny. 
Take out truffles and roll in powders.  For Almond Bark dipping, I just rolled them with a spoon and then placed on parchment cookie sheet then put inside freezer again to harden.  You can keep your truffles at room temperature.  I'm sure they will be given away to family and devoured quickly!
I hope that you get to try this heavenly recipe!  Happy Valentines Day, loves! xoxoxo



9 comments:

  1. So, you know what you're doing to me right? I'm about to get up and make some truffles now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look ah-mazing. I have to make these for some occasion or make one up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Doing these for sure today! Yours turned out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Doing these for sure today! Yours turned out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word I want a truffle now!! Those look amazing! I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stealing ALL of your recipes;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my these look really good and came out great and they do not look difficult to make at all, thanks for posting!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look beyond delicious! Thank you for sharing. I love all the sweet treats you post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I was as talented as you [;
    I'm sure my husband and girls would love it if I made all these cute desserts!

    Emma
    www.emmacristy.com

    ReplyDelete