Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Today's Recipe, Feelin' Good Smoothie & some gross random chatter.

There are so many smoothie concoctions out there these days.  I have tried a few specific recipes, but I always end up winging it.  Having fresh fruit on hand and frozen bagged ones help especially when berries are out of season.  I use to strictly stick to spinach in mine but recently, this year I've broadened my palate with super healthy and nutritious kale! 
Being that I wanted to make 2014 a healthier one, I have started making smoothies a daily ritual.  About two Summers ago after Baby Gia arrived I was blending my heart out. Eating right, biking, and even jogging!  Where did that girl go?!  I guess I have just gotten lazy and comfortable in not trying to better myself.  I honestly have gained a lot of weight!  I hate looking at myself naked, so I don't.  If I think about it too much I just get depressed and eat.  Seriously I am one of those people who eat my feelings.  Happy or sad, I celebrate with food.  So now I am celebrating myself by making a few better choices on what I put in my body on a daily basis. 

Currently I am taking antibiotics for a nasty sinus infection.  Sadly, some of the side affects are running to the bathroom randomly and a girls best friend, the yeast infection.  Hopefully no males are reading this and gagging.  Luckily, I haven't gotten one but I'm trying to avoid it all costs by upping my intake of probiotics and yogurt! Phew, are you still with me?  I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite smoothie recipes.  I am going to invest in some Chia seeds, since I hear they are wonderful for the body too.

Feel good smoothie:

3/4 Cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tablespoon of melted Organic Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup of Honey Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup of frozen Blueberries
1 Cup of Kale
1 Banana

Thank you for reading!  Much love, Linzi

7 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I'm a vegetarian and my friend keeps telling me I need to eat chia seeds.

    I've been scared to try smoothies with greens in them but this one looks really delicious so I think I'll give it a go...well when it's less cold and I can handle a chilly drink again ha :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I do understand wanting to be healthier though...that's a constant struggle between me and my sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kale!! my hubby and I put it in everything. Get better soon girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with smoothies right now and had a kale smoothie this morning! Organic makes all the difference:)

    ReplyDelete