Thursday, February 20, 2014

Meatless Meal! Baked Vegetable Gnocchi.

In our home we have meat at almost every dinner.  Mostly because that's the meal my husband is home for and I want him to eat something hot and hearty each night. Oh lalala ;) Plus he's a big eater and he likes meat. (Plain and Simple) A lot of the times the girls will skip the meaty portion, which is fine with me.  They like to eat smaller meals, and a few snacks during the day. I could eat pasta and veggies every night.  Or any other starchy carb and veg, that's just my style.
This is a recipe I've been making for years.  I love that it feels healthy and delish!  Mario has to get use to a meatless meal, but its super easy to cook up a chicken breast or steak and throw it on the side.  Gia is obsessed with gnocchi so this right up her alley!  Also, this meal doesn't take much time at all because I used store bought gnocchi.  You could add any other of your favorite vegetables too, mix it up a bit.
Fresh Vegetables and Gnocchi

3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 package dry Gnocchi (in the pasta isle)
1 small Yellow Onion, chopped
1 small Zucchini, cubed
1 box of Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 Bell pepper, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 cup Mozzarella or Parmesan
Red Pepper Flakes, to your taste
Generous Salt & Pepper, to your taste
Pre heat convection oven to 350
In a large pan on medium high heat soften up your bell peppers, onions, and zucchini in the Olive Oil.  After 5 minutes add your garlic, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes.  Then add your can of diced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. When everything is nice and tender turn off heat and remove.

In another pot, bring to boil water for your gnocchi.   These regularly take about 3 minutes or until they float to the top.  Drain your gnocchi and add to 9x9 baking dish. Then spoon on top your mixed vegetables and sauce.  Sprinkle generously with cheese and bake off for 15-25 minutes.

I hope that you enjoyed this simple recipe.  Thank you for reading!



6 comments:

  1. Yum! I make something similar with rigatoni noodles but I've never thought of using gnocchi instead but now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy! This one I can follow your recipe exactly! So excited to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nummy great recipe Linzi I will definitely have to try! I just tried Christiano's gnocchi and it was so good been craving it so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meatless is my fave I swear I could be a vegetarian. I LOVE gnocchi:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, this looks delish. I don't think I've ever had this before, I'm gonna have to try this!

    Emma
    www.emmacristy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, I seriously can't wait to make this! We're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete