Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Recipe, Cherry Almond Cream Smoothie!

Strolling through Instagram one night I stumbled across my girlfriend's picture of some Amaretto Cherry Cordial Ice cream. Thank you, Monica!  I've never seen nor tasted something like that.  It sounds scrumptious to me and gave me some inspiration for my next smoothie recipe.  Instagram is my mobile vice!  I swear I can look at those pictures for an hour.  I'm so sad...
As we all know its a little hard to make every smoothie the same each time.  I don't really measure my ingredients, I use the "eye it" method, works like a charm.  You can add as much or as little of each ingredient you wish.  This smoothie will get you going for your morning routine!

Cherry Almond Cream Smoothie

8 oz. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/3 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1/2 Cup or more Frozen Cherries
1/4 Cup Almonds
1 Banana
Few Ice Cubes
Blend away and enjoy this awesomeness!
Gia helped me out with this one and she just loved it.  We are big fans of healthy fruit and veggie smoothies.  She has never once turned her nose upon them which makes me so happy since big sis Amira isn't always the biggest fan.  Amira is my child who is more finiky on trying new things.  Which really sucks because I know she'd enjoy them and many other things but she is too stubborn.  Oh my little Taurus baby.  Thank you so much for reading and let me know your thoughts if you decide to make this one!



6 comments:

  1. Shut.up. That sounds amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your smoothie recipes. I used to always get the Black Cherry smoothie at Panera but they stopped making it. I was looking for a cherry smoothie to make up for my fave smoothie disappearing. Thanks for this!

    And Gia looks so sweet. Glad she likes your healthy smoothies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that looks like dessert...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I'm totally hungry right now. This sounds sooooooooo goooooood.
    Love these yummy recipes of yours!

    Emma
    www.emmacristy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry is my favorite so I will definitely be trying this one! . I've been trying to make a smoothie a day to help balance out the loss of my electrolytes.

    ReplyDelete