Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Baby Shower Ideas!

My good friend Brittany is expecting her third baby in May.  She is having a sweet little girl, to go along with her oldest daughter who is 5, and her son who is 1.  She and her husband make the cutest babies, oh my goodness!  Little blonde and blue eyed, Gerber babies.  Makes the non preggo mama have baby fever!

Since it had been a few years since her last baby girl, she needs a few things.  You know, all the essentials that come along with having a baby. I might add she has put together a lot of her baby girls furniture already, that woman can do it all!  

I was honored that her bestie Sarah asked me to help with her shower.  Brittany is having a few baby showers, I know a lot of you know how that goes.  I am helping out with the "friends" one.  Being the weirdo planner that I am, I started thinking and pinning ideas asap. Plus I hadn't planned a shower in 9 years and that one was for my sister in law Christina, who was expecting her first!

I was given a theme, which I screwed up right away by thinking she said hot pink and zebra. When actually it was lavender and zebra.  That was easily fixed and the few things I had purchased were changeable.  Here is a picture of the animal print baby bedding, she's going to be a wild one ;)
The area that I'm helping out with is the tablescape, which I'm all over because I just love that kind of thing.  Also I'm doing a shower favor for guests and some food.  Brittany suggested doing the nail polish gift and I love that idea!  I actually had done this last year for Amira's 4th birthday party.  Lets just say I've ransacked Target's polish selection!
Here is a picture of the glitter garland I ordered.  I'm thinking I'll put it on the wall or door behind the table.  I was able to custom pick all the sparkly colors and I just adore it.  I purchased this off of Etsy at Simply Scissors.  This shop is also where I ordered Gia's 2nd birthday heart garland.  Holly, the owner is so sweet to work with!
This is the table runner I'm going with.  I love black and white, and these stripes should work well with anything.  I didn't go with zebra here, sorry!  I ordered this off Etsy as well, from the Luxury Linen Loft.  I've got a purple tablecloth to go under this so it'll really pop.  (I hope)
This is some of the tablescape randomness.  I'm hoping that Brittany likes what I've picked so far.  Her shower is right around the corner of next month.  Woo Hoo! Does anyone have any shower planning or ideas to share?  Thank you so much for reading!



8 comments:

  1. What a cute theme to welcome a new little lady ! Love the garland and polish idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't planned a baby shower in three years, but I love doing stuff like this! Our "friends" shower is this weekend...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!!!! I live for parties;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love planning and decorating for parties. What a fun theme! I think everything you picked is great, especially that garland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a lucky lady to have you help with the baby shower! [;
    Love that glitter garland, it is so freakin cute.

    And thanks so much for your comment!! I had a great birthday weekend! Seriously, you are so sweet :)) <3 <3

    Emma
    www.emmacristy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything you picked so far. Garlands are such a fun decoration. You are such a sweet friend. I'm sure Brittany will love it! And appreciate all the effort you put in.

    ReplyDelete