Friday, January 10, 2014

Today's Recipe, Gooey Chocolate Cookies!

So even though one of my goals is to start eating healthier, I couldn't cut out all sweet treats.  Like hello, I still have a family to please.  Ones that love Gooey Chocolate Cookies.  I am going to force myself to limit my intake to one of these soft, chocolaty pillows of goodness!  I have been doing pretty good on eating more veggies and fruit, so that's something to be proud of!
 
My mom so kindly shared this recipe with me.  She's been making these cookies for years and I had no idea that they were so simple.  The only thing you have to do is chill the dough before you start scooping out your cookies. 
 
Ingredients
1 box Chocolate Fudge Cake mix
1 softened package of cream cheese
1 softened stick of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup of powdered sugar for rolling the dough balls in
350* preheated convection oven
Made exactly 2 dozen cookies
 In a large bowl cream your butter and cream cheese together first. Then add in your egg, vanilla and box mix until well combined.  Cover and set inside fridge to chill for a good 2 hours. Put the powdered sugar in smaller bowl to drudge your dough balls in. Remove dough and scoop 2 inch to golf ball size dough balls.  Roll them in your hands for a nice shape.  Then plop them into the powdered sugar.  Place on Silpat and cookie sheet, bake for 12-14 minutes.  You don't want to overcook the cookies or they wont be too gooey, ya know?

Moderation is key.  These are perfect for an after school snack or dessert if you're craving something indulgent.  I hope that you enjoyed this recipe.  Thank you so much for reading and  have great weekend!

Much love, Linzi

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! After a week of good healthty eating a treat is deserved right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these look heavenly. I made cookies (cut and bake) the other day so I think I need to step up my game and try these!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I want those:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh these look good! Do you love your Silpat ? or could you take it or leave it? I usually just use parchment paper but Ive been thinking about getting one since I've been baking a lot more lately.

    ReplyDelete