Sunday, January 19, 2014

Married, Single Mom.

Lets just say this post isn't my finest.  I'm already feeling kind of blue and its the first thing in the morning.  My husband woke me up to say he was leaving to unload hay for the day.  I rather him just let me sleep since I feel like I barely get any at all and I cant go back to bed after tells me that it'll just be a girls day, again.  Girls Day is what I tell the girls so that it sounds extra fun and exciting.
How much sleep do my other mommy friends get?  I'm at about 5 hours total.  Partly my fault since I am such a light sleeper.  Other part is because my littles fight bedtime, especially Gia.  They also NEED mommy to lay down with them until they fall asleep.  This process seems to take forever.  I sort of wish the girls shared a room now since they both only want me laying with them, can you say difficult?  Also this does make my husband sad, but at least he gets to rest.

It may sound selfish to say, but sometimes I just wish my husband were here a bit more to help me out.  He works a lot, like I barely have even seen him this weekend. Friday he worked a normal day, then came home for a few hours and went back to work at 9 pm till 6 am the next day, so all he did yesterday was sleep.  We are use to not seeing him during the week except about two hours before bedtime. I know its great for the family and he needs to work so he can provide for us, but let me say, it does take its toll. 

Raising two girls keep you young, but I guess this week is catching up to me. Maybe I shouldn't be such a freak about tidy rooms and having everything look put together (including me).  Or maybe I should order take out sometimes instead of feeling like I need to make a homemade food all the time.  I feel like a just need a good cry.  Boy I sound pathetic.  I'm sorry for complaining so much.  Today just isn't sparkles and fairy dust!

I can honestly say that my sweet girls are my best friends.  I spend all of my time with them and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are both my pride and joy.

I just needed to vent.

Much love, Linzi

13 comments:

  1. If I were next to you I would give you a hug and hot cup of coffee :) You are a great mommy and sometimes even great moms need a cry/vent. I give all the props in the world to moms like you. I hope your week is wonderful that your husband and you can find some time to relax together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad at all. This is how I feel a lot, and I only have one child. I can't imagine how it is with two. My husband only has Saturdays off at the moment and let me tell you it's terrible. During the week he's home an hour before bedtime. It takes it's toll on me too. We mommies could always use more help and more rest. Unfortunately we can't ever take "the day off" because there will always be people to feed, chores to do, and I wish we could! I hope his schedule changes soon or that he's around more often to help, hang in there, you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to vent to get it out...nothing wrong with that! Things aren't always sparkles and rainbows, so thank you for your honest post! You are a great mom...just remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally know how you feel, girl! Sometimes it all just boils over! It looks like you are an amazing mom and wife, we all deserve venting sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call my husband "roommate"!! Lol I totally feel you bestie!! Sometimes I feel like we are the same person...except I totally choose takeout instead of homemade meals sometimes;) Love you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheering you on momma!!! So stones you just need to get it out, you are a great mom!!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope you feel better and that things go better for you! Your girls are beautiful and so are you! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww mama. I feel ya. My hubby works a lot too. Why can't you live down the street???? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww. I'm so sorry you have been having a rough past few days. Not getting enough sleep can also make things seem a lot gloomier.

    I've heard parents are the most sleep-deprived and being a light sleeper on top of meeting your girls' needs makes it so tough.

    I'n sending you a big hug. You are a wonderful mother. And I definitely think ordering take out every now and then is great. Your little ones can try different food and you can get a very well-deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my sweet friend.... I totally understand! You are an amazing wife and mom! Of course you love your girls more than anything (precious picture of them!) and you love making good meals for your family, and you love having a clean home for everyone, and you love looking good (seriously, hot mom!) BUT you also love having your hubby around to hangout with, play with the girls, help out with things around the house, and mostly just to relax with. I GET IT! Eric NORMALLY works anywhere from 55-70 hours a week. A WEEK! And he works one weekend a month and usually gets called in on 1-2 other weekends in each month. I get pretty ornery when I feel like we haven't been able to spend time together. I am so grateful that he provides enough for me to stay home with Mia... But we just need our hubs sometimes!
    The hardest thing we ever went through as far as his schedule goes? I had Mia on December 20th. Eric had to work 12 hour shifts on Christmas eve and Christmas day (so he left the house at 6:30am and got home at 8pm) and when he came home on Christmas? He told me that in 3 days he had to start working the (12 hour) night shift for a month. I kind of lost my mind, as you can imagine. Brand new mom, brand new baby and a husband that worked all night and slept all day. AH! So I promise, I totally get it! And I totally get the same feelings as you! Don't even feel bad for needing to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty mama I hope you're feeling better!!! You have two beautiful girls that you get to spend your time with!! Enjoy the time you get with your hubby and try to make the best of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so thankful I read this post. I was feeling the same way a few days ago. My husband isn't home much due to work as well & lately I've been a bit bothered by it but we're human ya know. It's natural for us stay at home moms to feel this way at times. We're planning a family vacation to help us feel like we're making up for lost time.

    ReplyDelete