Thursday, January 16, 2014

Todays Recipe, Amira's Favorite Chicken Nuggets.

If your kiddos are anything like mine then they might love chicken nuggets.  Specifically the ones from the golden arches.  I wish that I could say I never feed my girls Happy Meals, but who am I kidding?  I do treat them once and a while, shoot me.  Last week for the first time ever I let Amira and Gia play inside the toy tubes and slides they have there. (Gia's 1st time) I hate thinking about the germs and icky shoe debris but I have to let them go wild and be kids! Nothing a little Wet Wipe and a new pair of socks cant fix.  Plus the rosy cheeks and laughter they come out with are priceless. 
At home I'm not just feeding my easy to please husband, I have two girls that can be some what picky.  Since I knew they liked chicken nuggets I decided I would start making them at home.  That way I know their eating good quality ingredients.  Let me tell you, my minis gobble these things up like they're going out of style.  They like to dip them in ranch dressing, I like mine with a side of sweet chili sauce. Normally when I make them Amira spouts out that this is the best holiday dinner ever.  I know its not a holiday, its just cute! 
I also know frying food isn't the healthiest way of cooking, but for these golden gems, I let it slide.  I don't fry up food everyday like Paula Deen so its ok once in a while.  However, you could bake these completely in the oven and they would still be family pleasing.  Tweak away friends!

Chicken Nugget Recipe

3-4 Skinless Chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Milk
1 egg
Seasoning Salt
Pepper to taste
Firstly you want to cut the chicken breasts into pieces.  Then pre heat your convection oven to 350 degrees.  Heat a large frying pan with the entire cup of oil on medium to medium high.  Next set out 3 bowls, one for your flour, one for egg wash, and lastly the Panko.  Inside the bowl of flour I add a 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt and some pepper.  I also add that same amount to the Panko.  I usually just use my hands for the dipping and breading, its messy but just easier than forks and tongs.  First bowl you will cover chicken pieces in flour.  Second bowl dip them in the egg and milk wash.  Last bowl cover them in Panko.  Gently place them in the hot oil and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.  Just making sure they are a lovely golden brown.  Then place them on a wire rack cookie sheet.  After you're done coating and frying all the chicken nuggets I put the baking sheet inside the oven to cook for an additional 20-25 minutes.  The nuggets will be moist, I hate that word, but super yummy!

I hope that you like the recipe and don't hold it against me that I fry chicken! 

Much love, Linzi






3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! Looks great, would even be good thrown on a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, and even though you fried them they still have to be only about a thousand times better for you then those frozen things filled with god only knows what. I'll be making these for my mini when she can finally do real food! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta work on my cooking skills. I'm a vegetarian so I've never cooked meat, but my bf made it really clear than if (when!) we get married, I best learn to cook meat hah. I'll have to keep this in mind :)

    ReplyDelete