Monday, January 6, 2014

January, Weekend at my Parents.

Is it me, or does it seem like your on a vacation when you visit your parents?  Well, not a Bahamas type vaca, but one where you feel like you can really put your feet up and relax.  That is how I feel when I visit my folks.  They are so welcoming, and warm and fuzzy.  My mom has the bedrooms set up so perfectly cozy.  Her spare bathroom has everything a girl could need.  Or if you're like me and forget things, like deodorant or toothpaste.  Not to mention she has the best Bath and Body Works candles and soaps! 
Being around them for three days really perks this mama up.  They sure light up my little mamas faces too!  The girls adore grandma and grandpa.  I cant help but have my heart burst with love when I see my dad coloring and playing with Amira and Gia.  They're like mini shadows of my mom when we go visit them in Vancouver.  On a normal basis we don't see my folks that often.  So that is why these visits are such a big deal for my family and I.

While we were there we had the chance visit with family from Portland.  Meet new babies, and eat a lot of good food!  We love are extended family in Oregon, they are super fun to be around.  Being part Cambodian means I know how to put it down!  By that I mean get my grub on.  The "Asian" way is to eat, and then eat again.  At least that's how we do it.  My mom made her famous eggrolls.  Which I'm so happy to say I got the recipe written down now and hope to make in the near future!  My dad made his amazeballs rice noodles with shrimp, Mario's favorite.  He also made homemade pho and fried rice.  These are pretty much my comfort and feel good meals.
The girls were mesmerized by grandma as they helped bake up sweet treats.  That is a win win for everyone, my mom makes the best lemon bars!  They whipped up chocolate chip cookies and ooey gooey chocolate ones too.  Ok, so seriously I am going on my healthy kick this week, haha.  Oh, and I ended up with my first sinus infection, no fun at all. 
Being with my folks for the weekend was an awesome start for the new year.  I hope that we can visit them more and more as my girls get older and can handle longer car rides.  This time we packed the truck the night before and woke the girls up at the crack of dawn.  In hopes they would sleep the majority of the ride.  Which they did, so I think we'll be doing that again.  Now its back to work for my husband, it has been dreamy having him off for a couple weeks!  Amira goes back to school, which she is elated about. Gia and I are back to the routine.  I am so grateful for my family, they are my life!

Thank you for reading my little blog, I appreciate it so much!  Much love, Linzi





5 comments:

  1. I love visiting my parents! I lay on the couch drink wine and my mom bakes and takes care of b! It's great lol! I used to live in Washington and miss it!!! Vancouver is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a wonderful family time! Please share your momma's eggroll recipe :-)

    I hope you are feeling better from your sinus infection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I totally agree that being at your parents' house is like being on vacation. It always makes me feel like a kid...and it's nice to be taken care of sometimes! I don't have chores, my mom cooks, and I get to be lazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you got to get some good quality family time in. Hope you start feeling better soon! Im pretty sure you already know Im gonna NEED that eggroll recipe lol love ya,Britt

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to go to my parent's house! Looks like a great weekend! Can't be that cozy feeling :)

    ReplyDelete