Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Favorites!

Well its that time of the month again. I totally just laughed out loud!  The first month of 2014 is coming to its end!  Bring on February, I'm ready for my littles to make heart shaped valentines, and start our baking sessions of pink cookies and candies! 

I'm happy to report I've stuck with my healthier eating habits. It feels good to eat more veggies and fruit.  I still love my sweets and goodies but I'm being more conscious about it.  Which sort of leads me into my first January favorite.

1.) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.  For my lifestyle and taste I love coconut oil.  Not only is it amazing for skin, but also for eating.  I love adding a melted tablespoon or so into my smoothies.  It adds a wonderful flavor but the main thing is that its so good for your body. I highly recommend reading up on the benefits of organic virgin coconut oil!
2.)  Alba Botanica Good & Clean Toxin Release Scrub,  I am loving this light exfoliating scrub.  It smells wonderful, like orange zest, which you can actually see.  I also feel like its helping  my skin look fresh and bright.  I probably use this every other day.  Another thing I love about it is there is no parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfates.  This brand is also cruelty free :)
3.)  Too Faced Romantic Eye Pallete,  I have been using this on the daily.  The colors are very wearable for everyday or even for a night out.  All nine shades are beautiful and have high color payoff.  The color combinations they have set out for you look great on and are easy to replicate with the makeup diagram cards that come with it.  I'm really glad I bought this pallete!
4.)  Batiste Dry Shampoo in the scent Blush, if you're not into floral scents than don't try this one.  I'm sure all the Batiste Dry Shampoo's are awesome!  I however am loving this one.  It totally sucks up the second day hair oil and grease, eww!  I spray this on when I'm doing my makeup and let it work its magic. When I'm done with my face, I run my brush or fingers through my hair to make sure its all disappeared.  Gives a clean look, smell and a nice boost!
  5.)  Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Creamer. I love me some creamer! The Sweet Cream is my favorite.  They are made with only all natural cream, sugar and flavorings.  I was always getting the flavored creamers with more chemicals and not so great for you additives. Only thing I wish they'd do differently is make them in larger bottles.  I go thru this stuff pretty fast. This is just one small thing I'm doing for myself to be healthier, even though its cream and sugar ;)
6.) My little gems favorite!  Cupcake Legos by Duplo.  What can I say?  Amira and Gia are loving these.  We found them at Tarjay and they play with them on the daily!  They are super cute and not the teeny tiny kind that the older kids play with.  We all love anything sweet shop and frosting related!

Thanks so much for reading, and I'd love to hear your favorites!  Much love, Linzi

9 comments:

  1. That eye shadow looks beautiful! I need to try that creamer, I know terrible the "regular" stuff if but can't seem to stay away from it. Love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely trying the coconut oil and that dry shampoo!! I hate washing my hair everyday but I also hate the feeling of not washing it lol. This will help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the dry shampoo. I've been looking for some.

    And yea for cruelty-free products :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I def want to start cooking with coconut oil!!! I've been meaning to grab some from costco:) And I love those Legos *sigh* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try that dry shampoo! I've tried a million brands...I haven't found any I truly love yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That eyeshadow pallete has such beautiful colors. I'm a lover of dry shampoo too, I haven't tried Batiste yet, I'll have to look for it as I'm out of dry shampoo. I've heard lots of good things about it. Also love that lego set, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok seriously you are making me want to get my hands on all of the beauty related stuff and how cute are those girly girl legos?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Legos are the cutest things I've ever seen and I need to try coconut oil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors on the too faced palette! And that lego cupcake set is ADORABLE!! I need to get some for my little girl !

    :)) Emma
    www.the-yellowbird.com

    ReplyDelete