Monday, January 27, 2014

Recipe, Cheesy Chicken and Pepper Soup.

This has got to be one of the best soups I think I've ever made.  I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but this really was so delicious.  I could of kept eating bowl after bowl.  It has a slightly spicy flavor from the yellow pepper and jalapenos.  There is cheddar and cream cheese, so who wouldn't love that.  The soup is full of chicken and white beans so it is filling but doesn't make you feel like ate a big cheeseburger and fries.  Which I might add is also one of my favorite meals ;)
Washington is still cold and brisk, so warm you up meals are still on the rotation.  I'm also loving this soup because it has flavors of my beloved grandma's casserole "Viva La Chicken"  I also tried this new to me product called Greek Cream Cheese, its cream cheese & Greek yogurt mix.  It was perfect for the soup and has half the calories than regular cream cheese, yass!  I would even use this on my bagels from now on.  That says a lot!

Cheesy Chicken and Peppers Soup

1.5 pounds of cooked and Shredded Chicken
1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 package of Cream Cheese
1 medium chopped Onion
4 small diced Jalapenos, I did remove the seeds
3 cloves of minced Garlic
1 diced Yellow Pepper
4 cups of Chicken Broth
1 can of drained White Beans
1 can of Corn
1 Teaspoon of Salt and Pepper, or to your liking
First off I cooked my chicken breasts and shredded them.  You could also use rotisserie.  Then in a large Dutch Oven I sautéed my yellow pepper, onion, and jalapenos for about 5 minutes on medium heat.  Then I added my garlic and cooked for about 5 more minutes.  Next add in the chicken broth, beans, corn, and chicken and simmer for about 15 minutes.  Then add in your cream cheese and whisk slowly so it melts. Add your salt and pepper to taste. Lastly add your cheddar cheese.  I let my soup meld together for at least an hour.  I garnished with more cheese and some sliced jalapenos.

Thank you all for reading and I hope that you enjoy my recipes.  Much love, Linzi







6 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to make a veggie version if this with vegetable broth and tofu. I just love spicy food (yay jalepenos!).

    Although maybe I will make a chicken version for my bf too. I'm sure he'd enjoy it if I worked on my meat-cooking skills :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try this as soon as Drew gets back in town. Looks amazing and so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks delicious! I love anything with lots of cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why oh why can't you live next door:( we would have so much fun cooking together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I have never heard of that greek cream cheese, but I'm going to have =to go get some now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linzi! Happy I came across you while blogging! I wanted to say hi and introduce myself as your newest follower.
    I see you have some organic things there! :) I am a organic mama myself whenever I can help it! haha Hope you'll stop by my blog and follow along with us.

    ReplyDelete