Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekend before Turkey Festivities.

This last weekend was the big preparation bonanza for Thanksgiving.  I found myself driving to the grocery market for little odds and ends (mini marshmallows, chicken broth, k-cups) I thought I needed.  Running recipes through my mind making sure I have a the right ingredients and the oven time.  I'm planning on making and keeping my mashed potatoes warm in the crock pot.  Also I'm trying something new by cooking the dressing outside of the bird, in a dish.  Sometimes it just comes out too soggy the other way, and no one wants to blurt out this stuffing stinks! Especially since I'm the one in charge of those big dinner items.  Finally, I managed to talk my hubby into going up in the attic to find my grandma's good china.  Seriously, I somehow misplaced a entire box of china.  Or should I say Mario lost it since I'm not allowed up there, ha.  Low and behold it was recovered, yes!
The girls and I lived in footie jammies all weekend.  Minus when I went back to the dentist to get my gums looked at. We are all still sickish, but slowly getting better, I think.  Hopefully by T-day we wont have snot running down our faces and hacking up a lung!  I will be doing a big deep cleaning on the house this week and getting rid of any lingering germs.
Daddy has been working overtime so we do things like coloring, and painting ornaments.
Mario and the girls made special chocolate chip cookies for everyone.  It was a nice break to let them do the baking! We also have been setting up in the living room for picnics.  Both of the girls love that idea.  
I was requested by my husband to only buy Nestle chips from now on, they bake up better he chimed in!  I currently have 2 bags of Guittard chips, they are so yummy!  To each their own.
Amira is still singing away in her room practicing for her Christmas program.  She is so excited for the holiday and has decided on baking pumpkin bread for her teachers.  I will also add she is currently expanding her vocabulary and asking me questions like," Are you awkward?"  I'd say yes, see picture above. Questioning me if she can just call me Linzi?   Um no.
We seem to watching these movies a lot lately. I love the Charlie Brown one!  I finally found a cup cover at Starbucks, reminds me of my gold loving friend Kay!  I am also in the process of making my own Cinnamon Dolce Syrup, the kind they put inside the Caramel Apple Spice drink at Starbucks!  I'm so excited to taste test!  This would save me money and time since I'm always going out to get one.  I will post a recipe if it is good.  Anywho, I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend.  Now bring on the chaotic Thanksgiving day fun!
 
Much love, Linzi
 

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kimberly! I appreciate you reading my little blog :) I love yours!

      Delete
  2. omg her little pose in the jammie pic is priceless lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such as poser! Or she doesn't smile at all. Thanks for reading love ♡

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the pic of you :) I just pinned a pin on pinterest for a ton of crock pot recipes that I can't wait to try!

    Makeover With Aspen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loveee cooking in the crock pot! I plan on using it more this Winter. Thank you so much for reading! Your garlands are so lovely by the way.
      Xo

      Delete
  4. I have nominated you for the Leibster Award :)
    http://fabulouslyfaint.blogspot.com/2013/11/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for nominating me, I'm excited to do this post! I get so excited when others read send comment my blog. I'm happy to share :)
      Xo

      Delete
  5. The little ones are so adorable. I hope you all feel better soon. And you look gorgeous in your pic! I wish I looked half that good when I don't feel well (or when I feel well ha) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your makeup in your picture. Those gorgeous girls!! Too cute!!

    ~Osh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mama, these girls are keeping me busy! ! The lipstick is new color I'm trying, I'm always wearing the same one usually. Haha. Thank you for reading!
      Xo

      Delete
  7. Haha!! Oh, Amira!!! ...And recipe for the syrup please!! I spend way too much on Starbucks syrups! And did you know they go bad in one month from opening? I've wasted a lot of syrup:/

    Boy, oh {mamas} boys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about the syrups! Glad I'm not buying it there then. I was going to nominate you for that Liebster Award but Brittany beat me to it :) I just adore you!

      Delete
  8. Your girls are so adorable & you my dear are stunning. Yup said it once I will say it again. Footsie jams rock btw;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so sweet! Thank you :) I mean that. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amira is still singing away in her room practicing for her Christmas program. She is so excited for the holiday and has decided on baking pumpkin bread for her teachers. I will also add she is currently expanding her vocabulary and asking me questions like," Are you awkward?" I'd say yes, see picture above. Questioning me if she can just call me Linzi? Um no.
    maria b lawn replica wholesale ,
    maria b catalogue wholesale ,

    ReplyDelete