Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Candy Cookies

Ok, this is going to be my last left over Halloween candy recipe.  Sorry if I've been being redundant with them, we just have so much!  I'm also watching Charlie Brown's, Great Pumpkin one more time.  I just adore the music in the movie.  It reminds me of watching it as a child with my brother on the floor of the living room.

 Yes, I know it is November.  I am ransacking my cookbooks, rummaging through Taste of Home.  Pretty much searching Pinterest for my Thanksgiving meal ideas.  This year I will be hosting for the FIRST TIME ever at my house.  It actually will be quite small, around 10 people.  My immediate family isn't that big.  I've had over 30 people over for birthday parties but I swore up and down I'm never doing that again, our house is just not big enough.  Unless my husband wants to surprise me with a new house equip with my dream kitchen!


So here goes it.  Candy Cookies, I ate 4.  My entire household loved them too.  Like usual you can substitute other candies or add more.  I only made a small batch of a dozen so you can easily double the recipe to make more. I just wanted to make sure they were edible.  The cookies contain my secret ingredient. AKA sweetened condensed milk.  I kinda love the stuff!  Beware, these cookies are thick.  They are also soft, they are pretty much the perfect texture in my eyes mouth.  Even though they're full of candy the dough isn't overly sugar sweet. 

Here is what you'll need: 350 pre-heated oven

1 stick of softened butter( I always buy salted)
1/4 cup of fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
5 mini packages of M&M's
3 mini Heath bars cut up in chunks

Cream butter, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, and sugar in bowl.  Then add salt, baking powder, and flour till well mixed.  Fold in your Heath bar chunks and M&M's.  Scoop out a spoonful onto Silpat or greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes till edges are golden brown.  Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.  I hope you enjoy this recipe.  They're definitely a kiddo pleaser!

Much love, Linzi 





4 comments: