Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pink Holiday Salad.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone!  I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe with you all before we take a few days off.  This fluffy salad is a great make ahead sweet dish (surprise, surprise) to serve along with any holiday feast.  Remember this a holiday, a day to unbutton those jeans and live a little. Be grateful for all in front of you.

I made my salad this morning and am storing it inside the fridge until Thanksgiving.  You should try to make the salad ahead so that all the ingredients can meld together nicely and the mini marshmallows absorb the yummy sweet pink sauce.  You can also prepare it the day of as well, it will be delicious no matter what!  The more things you can prep ahead of time the better, especially if you are hosting the meal, like me.

Here is what you'll need for the Pink Holiday Salad

1 20 oz. can of drained, crushed pineapple
1 14 oz. can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
1 bag of mini marshmallows, I used about 12 oz.
7 oz. of jellied cranberry sauce
1 container of Cool Whip

Heat up the cranberry sauce over medium low heat until it softens and becomes saucy.  Set aside and let it cool off.  Add your marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, drained pineapple into a big bowl.  Then add the cooled cranberry sauce. Mix until everything is combined.  Then fold in your cherries, careful not to break them all apart.  Lastly fold in your Cool Whip.  You will want to lick the spoon to taste the masterpiece you've created ;)  Put in fridge overnight or at least a four hours.
My fabulous mom always makes a sweet and fruity salad similar to this, called Acini Di Pepe for family gatherings.  My brother and I can eat it in mass proportions!  I decided to give her a break this year since my husband and I are hosting.  I am hopeful that my brother will like this one too. 

My folks are driving up today and staying a few days, I'm so excited as are the girls!  They don't get to see them that often since the drive is about 4.5 hours away.  Car rides with my young girls aren't the funnest. As some of you know ;)  I hope everyone reading has a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.  I am so thankful for you all and wish nothing but the best for you!

Much Love, Linzi

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I will give it a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that sounds amazeballs .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it is! ;) So easy, you're laughin'... That quote is from the Disney Junior channel.

      Delete