Friday, April 24, 2015

Cambodian Style Hot Wings

A few months ago I made these sticky and spicy wings and a few friends asked for the recipe.  So here I am today on my very neglected blog sharing with you my recipe for wings.  I'm calling them Cambodian style because that's what I am and the ingredients are found in my "Cambodian" kitchen and cooking. 
A ton of people love Sriracha now, but I grew up with this stuff.  As a young girl I called it rooster sauce.  Growing up in a Cambodian-American household we had a lot of condiments in our fridge that my American friends looked at with a very puzzled look and NOT wanting to try.  I don't blame them.  Open a jar a shrimp paste and it knocks your socks off! Lol.  Fish sauce is definitely found in many refrigerators these days so you might not need to run out to your grocery store for the ingredients.

So basically if you love hot wings.  Or Asian flavors, or you ever wondered how my food tastes that I'm constantly taking pictures of. You will dig these deliciously spicy, juicy, messy wings!  Mario and I can inhale these bad boys.  They are not on our girls taste buds yet.  Someday I hope.
Here's what you'll need:

3 lbs. chicken wing drumettes
3 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1//2 teaspoon chili spice blend
Cilantro to garnish

Put your oven on the broil setting and the rack on the 3rd rung, not the top rung.  Line your cookie sheet with foil.  Mix your marinade in large bowl and reserve a good amount in another small bowl for basting wings.  Then place your chicken wings in bowl and cover with your hot marinade.  Let them sit for 15 minutes.  After that spread wings onto cookie sheet and cook for 10 minutes under broiler.  They will get dark on the edges but that's good.  Then take out and flip your wings.  Baste on the remainder of sauce and put back into the oven for 10 minutes. 
Go ahead and transfer onto platter or serve straight off the sheet.  Sprinkle on some chopped Cilantro (because that is my favorite) and enjoy!!  I hope you try this one out and please let me know what you thought of them!  Thank you so much for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment